1. The Information We Collect
SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. will be clear about what information we collect and store, and why we are doing so. We will not allow any third party access to any of your personal information that we collect and store without asking your permission first. Moreover, we will use appropriate security measures and tools in order to protect any information you give to SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. to ensure your use of our products and services are as safe and secure as possible.
The information and data collected by SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. is used to verify you as User of the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. System, and to help make the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services better. This includes any information or recommendations that SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. receives for the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. products or services. Any information we collect in regards to your contact information may be used in an attempt to make you aware of and send relevant information to you, as well as to ask you to participate in surveys about your use and experience with SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services to help us improve them. For some of these functions, we may use a service provider, and these service providers are restricted from sharing any of your personal information for any reason. The information that the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services collects includes:
(i) Information Collected During Initial Setup. During the initial setup of your SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services, you will be prompted to input data that will allow SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. to better understand, and create an appropriate program to help you, and for verification purposes. Some examples of the questions you might be asked include name and address for verification so SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. can retrieve information about supply costs of local electric utilities, local weather, or to create peer groups of customers, such as whether you are a residential, commercial or industrial consumer.
(ii) Connected Device Information. The SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. system will retrieve data from all devices connected to it, as well as from the electric meter supplied by your local power supplier, so as to help create an accurate profile of your energy use and environment. The data may also include the direct settings of devices connected to the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services, as well as any adjustments and/or changes thereof. The SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. system will continuously record electrical usage information. Recording this information allows your SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. system to show you your energy use and usage patterns, so as to assist you in making decisions on how you might want to use energy differently.
(iii) Recorded Technical Data. We record all of the important technical data about your SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services at regular intervals in order to monitor operations, and to help us prevent and rectify any problems you may be experiencing, or may experience in the future. We collect this data to help make sure that your system continues to work at an optimal level and efficiency.
(iv) Creating and/or Using a SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Account. In order to connect your SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services to your SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. account, you will need to connect to the Internet either through a Wireless or Ethernet connection. When connecting, you will be asked to input your network name (SSID) and password to connect to the Internet. This information (w/o your password), as well as your IP address, will be stored by the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. system, so that you can use your SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. console, mobile applications or customer portal to connect to the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. servers, provide services, and/or download software updates. SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. will also collect and store your email address to allow for communication between you and the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. system. Like many other online sites, SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. will record log entries and technical information when your browser, mobile phone, tablet, or SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. device connects to our servers. The purpose of these files being recorded and stored is for trouble shooting purposes. We may also collect other information about you, including anonymous demographic information that is not unique to you, such as your ZIP Code, account settings, and preferences. In the event that you contact us for customer support, we may also request that you provide additional contact information or service information relevant to the support requested by you. You are under no obligation to provide such information. However, we cannot guarantee that we can provide customer support in the event that relevant information related to the use of the Products and Services is not provided. We may retain communications relating to customer support, and information drawn from such communications, for statistical and reference purposes.
2. Does SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Share Information with Third Parties?
SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. will only share personal information we collect when required to by law, investigations of unlawful acts by appropriate legal authorities, to comply with a legal process, in connection with the sale of SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC., or if SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. needs to protect and defend itself. Your personal information will not be released for any marketing or other commercial purpose unrelated to the delivery of the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services without asking you first. Any information that is collected by SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. or our service providers will be stored where our servers reside. As a result, any personal information may be subject to the laws of the country, state, or county where our servers are located, and SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. may also be required to disclose personal information to the local government authorities in those jurisdictions if so requested.
In some jurisdictions, the laws might vary and require more or less privacy protections. In the event that the jurisdiction requires more privacy protections, then SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. will be obligated to comply with the increased privacy protections. In jurisdictions with more lenient privacy standards, SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. will continue to maintain the level of privacy depicted herein.
Multiple SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services will always be operating simultaneously by customers who have purchased the system and subscribe to the services offered. As a result, the usage information your SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. system records may be shared with other users through an anonymous collection of your data that will be combined with other users to create an anonymous peer group of users who are similar to you. The collection of this data is to assist you and the peer group in understanding how similarly situated groups of customers use energy, as well as for research purposes, to help improve the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services, and for the development of other products. We may also share this anonymous data with our partners. Some information that might be shared anonymously is temperature data, energy usage data, date and time settings, locational data, or other relevant segmentation information. We also use anonymous data to troubleshoot technical issues with our System and to compile statistics and reports of usage of the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services. To enable technical support, anonymous data may be identified by an anonymous random identifier, which is not connected to any of your personally identifiable data. To further protect your privacy, anonymous data does not include contact information or any other information that would identify any specific individual or household.
SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. reserves the right to use and disclose information such as anonymous data, analyses and reports derived from such anonymous data, to third parties including, but not limited to, utilities, our service providers, advertisers, merchants, consumer and market research companies and other organizations. We will not disclose your personally identifiable data to any third party for marketing purposes without your permission. If the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services are distributed by one of our distributors or strategic partners, they may have the same access to your data as we do. They have agreed to treat such data as outlined herein unless they have another agreement with you.
We may use independent contractors to assist with our operations. Such contractors may include programmers, consultants, billing and other agents, auditors, attorneys and accountants, potential purchasers of our business, collection agencies, and third parties who provide services necessary for us to provide the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services or conduct legitimate business activities in connection with the System. Some of these contractors will have temporary access to our databases of data. Their access to such information will be limited to specific tasks. We also use third parties to help with certain aspects of our operations, which may require disclosure of your data to them. We require these contractors and third parties to agree to protect the confidentiality of your data and to use it only as necessary to perform the services they are asked to perform. These contractors and third parties are responsible and liable if they misuse any data.
3. How Long will SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Retain Any Personal Information
As long as you remain a customer for the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services, your personal information will be kept and stored on our servers. All of the information is encrypted and cannot be accessed easily. SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. will automatically delete your personal information once you choose to no longer remain a customer of the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. products and services.
Because your privacy is very important to us, we have put in place commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative measures to protect the data that we collect. No security system is perfect, however, and we cannot guarantee that your data will not be disclosed to unintended third-party recipients. It is possible that third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access your data.
4. Information from Children
Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may use the system only with the involvement of a parent or guardian and should not submit any personal information to us. The system does not intentionally target children under 13. We comply with all applicable laws designed to protect children’s information. Children under the age of 13 should not use our system without obtaining prior parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 without first receiving verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
3. Using the SUNATION.com Website
- When You Visit the Website. Most websites collect information when a visitor accesses a website, and the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC.com website is no different. Our website tracking technology automatically identifies and stores your access request information that is made to our webserver, including the IP address, referring websites and search engines, browser information, and your operating system information. We also collect information on SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC.com page views, visitor traffic, usage information and click-through data to third party links. In collecting this data, we want to be able to recognize you when you return to the site, as well as to understand what is important to you so as to improve the information we provide, ensure it is relevant, and to increase overall visitor use and exposure of our website.
We do not allow other companies to place cookies on our website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as integrating another site that relies on third-party cookies into the existing website).
- Modifying Cookie Settings. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website features (i.e. you will be able to browse the site, but will not be able to make a purchase).
- Use of Web Beacons or GIF Files. The SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. website may contain electronic images known as “Web Beacons” (also called single-pixel gifs) that allow SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. may include Web Beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. prohibits Web Beacons from being used to collect or access your personal information.
- Communicating with SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. through our Website. You will can communicate directly through the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. website to obtain additional information about our Products and Services, to obtain customer service assistance and/or submit resumes in response to job openings at our company. The type of information that gets collected depends on the section of our site that the user accesses. A large portion of our website can be accessed by the general public without a need to share any kind of personal information. In those areas of the site, the information collected may include IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, session length, etc. This information, of anonymous nature, allows SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. to measure the performance of its website, and come up with possible improvements for it. SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. may use this type information, which does not reveal the user identity, in whatever fashion it deems necessary.
In the course of this communication, we will record and store your email address so as to accurately respond to your request. We will also be in possession of an electronic copy of your resume if you apply for a position, which we only use for the purposes of assessing your skills in fulfilling the position expectations and follow up contact if you are a candidate for the position.
Visitors to our website can register to create an account, access the website, and download Software. When you register for an account, we will request some personal information such as your name, address, e-mail, telephone number or fax number, location, and other relevant information. SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. will not resell, or share this information with any outside entity unless that’s required for us to comply with a law, or a court order, or to protect our vital business interests
Any other communication you transmit to the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. website, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, will not be encrypted or otherwise secured or treated confidentially.
- Accessing Your SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Account. You will be able to access your SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. account through the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. com website. To do this, you will need to submit your name and SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. account number, which we will record for the purposes of verification. When you access this account, you will can access our detailed help guide for setting up and using your SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. products and services. In addition, the access will allow you to monitor and/or control the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Products and Services. For additional information concerning the information we collect and store, creating/using a SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. account, and/or sharing information, please see the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. Product and Service Privacy Statement.
- Do We Share SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC.com Information with Third Parties. SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. will only share personal information we collect when required to by law, investigations of unlawful acts by appropriate legal authorities, to comply with a legal process, in connection with the sale of SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC., or if SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. needs to protect and defend itself. Your personal information will not be released for any marketing or other commercial purpose unrelated to the delivery of the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. products and services without asking you first. Any information that is collected by SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. or our service providers will be stored where our servers reside. As a result, any personal information may be subject to the laws of the country, state, or county where our servers are located, and SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. may also be required to disclose personal information to the local government authorities in those jurisdictions if so requested.
6. Your New York Privacy Rights
SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
7. Notice of Disclosure of User Personal Information
SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. reserves the right to share aggregated site statistics with its affiliates and strategic partners to help enhance its service offerings, but does not sell identifiable personal information to third party marketing companies. Personal User information collected by or submitted to SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. shall not be disclosed to any third parties without your permission, unless such information: (i) is to fulfill your service requests; (ii) is required to be disclosed by law, regulation, legal process, or law enforcement or government regulatory authorities, in which case we shall give you as much advance notice as is reasonably practicable in order to allow you to limit or restrict to such disclosure; or (iii) is required to be disclosed in order for us to protect our legal rights or defend against liability; or (iv) in connection with a company reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale.
9. Internet Based Data Transfer
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore by browsing this website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this manner. If you are using our system from outside of the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored in, or processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to protect your privacy. By using our system, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
10. Contact Us
Our intention is to be diligent in protecting your privacy by carefully following our Policy. If you would like to make suggestions or find out more about our privacy practices, please contact our Customer Service Department, the contact information of which can be found at the SUNATION SOLAR SYSTEMS INC. website (www.sunation.com). We may share your messages with those within our organization with those who are most capable of addressing the issues contained in such messages. We may archive such messages or discard them, but your email address and email messages will only be used in accordance with this Policy.