Ideal candidates will enjoy the 50/50 split of being out on the road half the time and working in the office the other half of
SUNation Solar Systems, Inc. has been able to maintain a family focused culture while providing employees great benefits and
opportunities for advancement. We are the largest privately owned home grown solar company on Long Island. Paid on the job
training. (Training in this role is continual!) As you grow you will learn new skill sets and techniques specific to your level of
Your responsibilities will include collecting data from project sites, meeting with clients and then designing code compliant, beautiful
solar systems. We are looking for experienced solar design engineers as well as those that are willing to learn.
Basic Function: Design Residential PV and Energy Storage systems, obtain crucial measurements of residential roofs, identify
roof structures, note obstructions and perform a detailed shade analysis and layout design.
- Navigation of ladders and potentially steep roof planes
- Collection of accurate measurements, roof sketches and survey sheets
- Performing a shade analysis using 3D software.
- Collaborate with a team of designers
- Communicating with customers
- Documenting all tasks with photos
- Performing duties in a timely manner in accordance with a set schedule
- Accurate data reporting
- Creating designs using AutoCad
- Basic computer tasks as well as utilizing technical software to assist in system design
- Operate company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
- Operate company Drone and safely conduct survey flights to collect 3D data
- Knowledge and application of the National Electric Code, PSEGLI Red book and local town and building codes (will be taught
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to safely climb ladders and navigate potentially steep roof planes
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience in general construction
- Ability to easily read a tape measure and record findings.
- A High School diploma or relevant Continuing Education degree.
- Successful completion of OSHA 10 (Can be received after hiring)
- Positive and upbeat demeanor
- Solar related experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Ability to read structural plans
- Knowledge of residential electrical systems
- FAA Part 107 License
- Any Drone flying experience
- Any level of NABCEP certifications
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SUNation Solar Systems is an equal-employment-opportunity employer. For all job titles, we recruit, hire, train and promote
individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation, age, disability, or covered
veteran status, or other factors identified and protected by federal, state and local laws. All employment decisions are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity.