SUNation is currently looking to add to our accounting team. If you are an experienced cost accountant with excellent Excel skills, who has a great work ethic and who also enjoys working in a team environment, we look forward to reviewing your resume.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate, timely financial statements with input from the accounting team.
- Conduct monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Determines cost of operations using standard costs and collecting operational data.
- Identify financial discrepancies between actual and forecasted results that should be brought to management’s attention.
- Analyze results, monitor variances, identify trends and recommend actions to management.
- Review intercompany transactions and raise invoices and journals where necessary.
- Maintain a general ledger.
- Manage the Job Costing for short to medium term construction contracts using GAAP principals.
- Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications and coordinating information requirements.
- Ensure all books and records are accurate and in compliance
- Assist outside CPA firm and all fiscal and monthly reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding, development and monitoring of organizational and budgets.
- Desire to maximize value in all parts of the Company.
- Drive specific action plans for each department and affiliate companies
- Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs.
- Ensures that all income is recognized.
- Assist with launch of Inventory Management System
- Assist with data analytics and run weekly data meetings
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly sales reports, dashboard management and expense control.
- Performs profitability analysis per project and per client account
- Assist with pricing reviews to ensure competitive and profitable sales
- Help develop team/processes which will result in faster throughput of the jobs in-progress and better cash flow
- Participate in interdepartmental communication between all departments
- Convey action items to team members and follow up on their completion
- Help staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Create Weekly Executive Dashboards and corporate reporting systems
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA designation – or working towards
- Expert Level in Excel (Ability to create reports that are repeatable and dynamic, nested if statements)
- 3-5 years related accounting experience in a small to medium sized company
- Experience with Cost Accounting, Construction Accounting experience is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Quick learner.
- Independent and highly motivated self-starter.
- Experience in a senior accounting position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Good communication and human interaction skills.
- Ability to communicate and present data related to role.
- Experience with budget management, accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer literacy and utilization of programs such as QuickBooks, Microsoft Word and Salesforce
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screening and background check.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Process Automation / control
- Prior construction/manufacturing experience
- Prior cost accounting experience
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM/ERP
- Experience with implementation of new ERP or accounting system.