Reports To: VP / Controller
The Company: SUNation Solar Systems, Inc. is a high growth solar company who performs Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) services and is hyper-focused in the Long Island marketplace. SUNation launched its solar business in 2003 and in the last 17 years has installed over 5,500 solar systems on Long Island. Our installed system sizes range from small 3,900 watts residential systems thru large 1.8MW commercial rooftop systems. Over the last 4 years, SUNation has grown from 35 to 180 employees.
Basic Function:We are looking for happy people, problem solvers, self-motivators and action-oriented thinkers. We are changing the way the world produces power and are looking for someone to help drive the company and growth by further developing and managing the commercial business division. Specifically, someone who is ready to jump in and help our fast-growing business grow even faster. The candidate will become part of a learning and coaching culture that is encouraged to troubleshoot any questions and solves problems that occur without notice.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate, timely financial statements with input from the accounting team.
- Conduct monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Determines cost of operations using standard costs and collecting operational data.
- Identify financial discrepancies between actual and forecasted results that should be brought to management’s attention.
- Analyze results, monitor variances, identify trends and recommend actions to management.
- Review intercompany transactions and raise invoices and journals where necessary.
- Maintain general ledger.
- Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications and coordinating information requirements.
- Ensure all books and records are accurate and in compliance
- Assist outside CPA firm and all fiscal and monthly reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding, development and monitoring of organizational and budgets.
- Attend conferences/ business related events for the purpose of networking.
- Desire to maximize value in all parts of the Company.
- Drive specific action plans for each department and affiliate companies
- Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs.
- Ensures that all income is recognized.
- Assist with launch of Inventory Management System
- Assist with data analytics and run weekly data meetings
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly sales reports, dashboard management and expense control.
- Performs profitability analysis per project and per client account
- Assist with pricing reviews to ensure competitive and profitable sales
- Help develop team/processes which will result in faster throughput of the jobs in-progress and better cash flow
- Participate in interdepartmental communication between the his/her team and all other departments
- Convey action items to team members and follow up on their completion
- Help staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Create Weekly Executive Dashboards and corporate reporting systems
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA designation – or working towards
- 3-5 years related accounting experience.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Quick learner.
- Independent and highly motivated self-starter.
- Experience in a senior accounting position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Good communication and human interaction skills.
- Ability to communicate and present data related to role.
- A flexible schedule and willingness to workdays, nights and weekends, as needed .
- A willingness to learn and tenacity to dive deep into the data.
- Experience with budget management, accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer literacy and utilization of programs such as QuickBooks, Microsoft Word and Salesforce with expert-level in Excel
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screening and background check.
- Process Automation / control
- Prior construction industry experience
- Prior cost accounting experience
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM/ERP
- Prior solar experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience with implementation of new ERP or accounting system.
Perform other related duties as assigned.Apply