Vice President of Engineering
Work with Project Managers and Engineers on all commercial PV projects.
- Visit potential sites to obtain existing electrical system data and advise PM of any hurdles or costs.
- Design preliminary interconnects, inverter circuit and DC stringing in compliance with PSEG Redbook and CESIR, NFPA70, NYS Building Code as well as any other applicable codes and requirements with the goal of assisting the sales team to successfully close a profitable deal.
- Build Electrical permit drawings in conjunction with SUNation team, PSEG PAM group, Switchgear and electrical supply vendors.
- Develop electrical BOS, construction detail drawings, and data acquisition system.
- Build all testing, production and quality assurance plans.
- Resolve all electrical/utility issues.
- Completely design the electrical portion of each project and assist the team with successful installation while maintaining a budget.
- Perform or oversee the execution of the project electrical and performance testing as well as submission to the PM and other interested parties.
- Resolve issues of nonconformance detected by the testing.
- Record and store all testing records for future consultation.
- Assist with other duties as directed by the Commercial Project Manager.
- Not Applicable
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Photovoltaic experience, specifically DC string inverter design.
- Familiarity with NFPA-70, PSEG-LI Redbook, PSEG-LI SGIP-Jan 2019.
- Familiarity with power plant switchgear design and construction, feeder protection schemes and communication methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Auto-CAD or equivalent drafting software.
- Salesforce, Aurora, Microsoft Office, Satellite imagery
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to carry and climb a 28’ ladder.
- Able to walk on rooftops both flat and pitched.
- Ability to use office equipment such as telephones, computers, tablets, copiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.
Training Provided by SUNation:
- OSHA 30